CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A new pair of lenses: Marriage: Part 2


My view of the marriage relationship has changed tremendously. Thus, I am thankful that many of the changed thinking were made prior to entering into that covenant. Prior to coming to college I never really seen a godly marriage , nor studied the topic in the bible. I thought marriage was about getting married because you have these strong feelings and then pretty much living your life the same SEPARATE from your spouse. As skewed as that may sound , that is all I really knew. Thus, the Lord has shown me through His word that He ALWAYS intended for the husband and wife to be "one flesh , and to leave and cleave to one another". As basic as that may seem, I realize that this is not an easy thing to do especially when the world screams, "Girl, you need to do YOU!" PRAISE THE LORD, that I see through some "new lenses" and realize that 'Lord your way is ALWAYS best and that is where I find peace. And really, I don't want to "Do Me." That's not fun....


0 comments: