CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A New pair of lenses: Friends and Family ; Part 4

Friends and Family. This is another area that the Lord has been teaching me to see through my "new lenses". My husband and I have family, yet they are not "very" involved in our lives. We know them and communicate with them , but as far as a deep relationship , that is not really there. We at one time and I must admit, even now I , am burdened and really desire to really deep relationships. Nonetheless, I am reminded by the Lord that at this time, this is not the way He would have it. We have tried. Hence, in the sanctification process, I realize I must choose not to sin, by coveting, becoming envious, or bitter. This is our life and praise the Lord that this is OUR life. One story in the bible that really encourages me so much is the story about Jesus and his family. "While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."(matt:12:46-50) Wow, this has changed my who mindset! Who is my mother and brothers? It is those who do the Will of our Daddy! I do not negate that I do have a biological family, and that they are important, but I am no longer wondering, "Lord, where is my family?" He has so graciously shown me that you are now adopted into a new family. Nonetheless, I must say that this new family has been more than I can ever even dream of a family being. I think about every victory and trial that I have experienced in my adulthood, my "new" family has been there every step of the way to build us up. From the births of our children and even the death of one, my "Family"was there. When my husband and I married my "Family" was there. All of our children's birthdays , our "Family" was there. Moreover, when we have needs,like childcare, our "Family", is always there! I think about this past week, my husband has been out of town. Nonetheless, you know who was helping me hold it down back at home , "My Precious Family."

On another note about friends. I think about my friends, which is mostly "My Family". Prior to putting on my "new lenses", I saw friends as someone who had to think like me, act like me, shop like me, and they better like EVERYTHING about me. Now I see the faultiness in that thinking. I embrace now that the Lord has made everyone uniquely(ps139), and I can have friends who don't look like me; who don't talk me; even friends who don't even like the things I like. Even my basis in choosing friends and associates is clearly not the way I would have choose them in the past. I now choose friends who have a biblical worldview ; those who are seeking to have the mind of Christ (1cor.2;16). Also, I am not always looking to be served , but to serve them also (matt20:27-28). We also in many ways now sharpen each other (prov27:17). Furthermore, I not only associate with just the "like-minded" but with those who think other wise for the purpose of winning them the Lord.

All in all, I am forever thankful to Our Lord for these "new lenses". I no longer see in a blurred vision, but with more clarity, that the things of this world is passing away(1john2:17). I must say that my taste for the things of the world is diminishing, because I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good.(ps.34;8) What a great pair of lenses to have!

4 comments:

These Three Kings said...

WOW!!!! you have me so "crunk" to read your post! praise the LORD my sister! I pray that the LORD use you to spur many on for His glory through this blog! Please continue to be transparent and Real about the things HE teaches you... I am so humbled by your wisdom and friendship! Love you!

Ella said...

nyema! i am so excited that you now have a blog!! i just read all of your posts and really loved this one...so true! thank you so much for sharing. you communicate your thoughts so well!!

congratulations, by the way!!! when are you due???

Wonderful World said...

Girl those lenses are priceless!! I'm glad you started a blog. You have to share these nuggets! Love it!

candice said...

hey nyema! I am so excited that you have a blog...and that I can learn from you through it! Keep bringing the truth cause I am encouraged by it, as are others. You have always been an encouragement for me. Love Ya!